Welcome To My Chicago!

"There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him it is right...."



Sunday, April 4, 2010

Joreer

First off my apologies that I haven't updated in a quite a while. So many things have changed and here goes. Short list first and then an explanation below.

1.) I am starting my new job/career (joreer) tomorrow at Edelman. (It feels weird to say career because I am only 22 but I am too old for a job so I am coining this "Joreer")
2.) I have having withdraws from not seeing my friends everyday at Weber.
3.) Kansas State (alma mater) was doing so well in the tournament until the day I went back to Manhattan, KS to watch the game and we lost needless to say was awful but I am a die hard Wildcat!
4.) I went back to Kansas for a few days last week.

I am thrilled to be joining the Edelman team. This is the reason I came to Chicago in the first place, to follow my dreams of living a big city and working as a pr professional in a huge office building. Now that it is here, I am having jitters. I mean everything I have worked hard for is here and now I am somewhat confused on why I am nervous. I think it's because I finally had a routine and a comfort zone at Weber and now I am starting something totally new. This I know sounds pretty normal.
Because my last day was last March 26 at Weber, I had a week off to fly home and reconnect with KS. It was a good trip, I feel pretty fortunate to have great friends that I still keep in touch with and feels like nothing changed when we hang out. It's a great feeling.
Back in Chicago, the weather has been perfect and I finally get why everyone lives for the summers in Chicago. It has been so beautiful. I went to the beach Friday, which was super packed and saw so many volleyball games, which solidified my move to Chicago. I cannot wait to play on a few leagues, so excited! I have been taking Harley to the dog parks daily and having picnics in my park, just amazing!
A few new firsts, I went to IKEA Saturday, went shopping in the burbs, signed in on Four Square and bought 6 pairs of shoes in 30minutes. Yes, I know that might seem like a little much but it was a great sale :)

Ok, wish me luck tomorrow and check back soon.

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment