<--- Pizza I made from scratch last night. Read below. Hi all!
All my life I have wanted to move, live in a big city and have happy hour after work. This goal/ dream of mine was a way for me to measure my success as a 20 something. Well now that I am here, I realized I haven't posted anything about this life I yearned for. Basically, I've realized that I am living the single pr girl life I've wanted and its pretty fantastic. It has taken me six months in this city to be where I want to be actually.
I have a great group of girlfriends that I attend happy hour with reguarly, friends that I work out with and friends that I have random outings with such as Cubs games and checking out sketchy club scenes. All in all it's what I always imagined. I live in a great neighborhood and ride the bus with people I work with, kinda cool. The weekdays are pretty laid back. For instance, last night I made a pizza from scratch. The picture is above. I felt like a chef and still pretty excited about it. I went to Dominicks Sunday to prepare for my week of cooking in and pizza night and people definetley thought I was a little crazy. I bought 10 bags of groceries and carted them on th e subway and then on the bus. It was quite a scene getting through the gate at the subway with these bags in tow. I think next time I might just take a cab.
This past week I went to a sculpting and boot camp class which were both very intense. I feel I have a slight addiction the gym, tonight is going to be a cycling night I think. I also have a slight addiction to pet stores. This past weekend I went to three pet stores to look at puppies and buy Harley a harness. I am debating whether or not to get a new puppy. I think that Harley needs a friend while I'm at work all day but two dogs in one apartment might be too much.
The weather is getting warmer here and I am excited to start playing beach volleyball. I joined a league with a few girls to start in June and been scoping out the season at North Beach.
Ok I need to get back to work now. I am running out of topics to post about. Please feel free to leave me some ideas/comments below or on Facebook.
Have a great week
Love it! I feel the same way... once I have my apartment (in June!) I'll have everything I've wanted since I was in middle/high school. Oh and of course it won't be complete without a puppy, so I'll come look at them with you!
ReplyDelete